GEOPrep Academy and GEOPrep-MidCity are free K-8 public charter schools located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Both schools are considered innovative schools with a strong STEM focus and highly energized staff. Please join us if you are committed to excellence, mission-driven, and ready to take GEO Academies to uncommonly high levels of achievement! Our teachers cultivate in our students the critical thinking skills they will need to understand how the world around them works and to become leaders and agents of positive change in the world.
This is a part-time day to day position.
- Associates Degree or higher (60 credit hours or higher)
- Valid Teaching License is a bonus!
- Strong technical skills, particularly in integrating technology to drive academic achievement
- Demonstrated volunteer or community service
- At least one (or more) of the following:
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Substitute Teacher is required to perform the following duties:
- Assume all duties of the regular classroom teacher promptly and in accordance with school rules. This may include bus, lunchroom, playground, hall duty or other duties assigned by the building principal.
- Follow the instructions left by the teacher or alert the administrator if there are no plans to follow.
- Check to ensure that there are sufficient supplies in the classroom to carry out lesson plans.
- Maintain normal classroom routines and discipline procedures
- Spend the entire assignment working with and for the students. No personal work of any kind should be done. The substitute teacher is expected to carry out the instructions of the regular teacher, including grading daily papers and leaving a summary of work covered.
GEO Prep Academy of Greater Baton Rouge
GEO Prep Academy of Greater Baton Rouge is a free K-3 public charter school. We plan to expand to K-5. We are building a team of excellence. Our curriculum and our teaching methods are designed using Core Knowledge in K-8. We are a TAP school! We are committed to providing our students with instruction that is standards-based and challenging, that meets the needs of each individual student enrolled. We firmly believe that "through our doors walk college graduates." Please join us if you are committed to excellence, mission driven, and ready to take GEO Prep Academy of Greater Baton Rouge to uncommonly high levels of achievement! Our teachers cultivate in our students the critical thinking skills they will need to understand how the world around them works and to become leaders and agents of positive change in the world.
Company Website: www.geoprep.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)